Personal tools
  • We're Hiring!

You are here: Home Community Minutes Conference Calls 2017 2017-04-11 Tuesday Team Meeting

2017-04-11 Tuesday Team Meeting

Dundee: Petr, Dom, June, Jason, JM, Mark, Helen, Simon, Kenny, Balaji Remote: Ola, Roger, David, Chris, Andreas, Melissa, Wilma

Agenda - 2:00pm Start

  1. Accepting minutes from last meeting

  2. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)

    1. Spaces

      1. Files/Formats/OME Files
        • David: preparation for 5.4.1 release, aiming for the end of this week. Still one external PR
      2. Metadata (Simon)
        • Simon: new dataset and annotations. Docker server is ready to go for feature calculation.
        • Jason: new datasets are coming in.
      3. OMERO 5.3.1 (J-M)
        1. ongoing IDR-omero reconciliation
          • J-M: There are several PRs opened to get thumbanils and metadata to main line.
        2. bugs fixing
          • J-M bug in sharing noticed recently
          • Mark: reviewing cards from inbox
      4. OMERO 5.4.0-m1
        1. Roles work not included in 5.3.0
          • Mark: focusing now security system handling model objects. We will have to look at performance later. Few integration tests are failing.
        2. database triggers approach prevents privilege elevation via update service
          • getting this working was the most challenging pre-5.3.0 blocker
        3. Petr is checking existing can* methods on OMERO model objects
          • Mark's tests of can* methods now pass
          • Mark to investigate Petr's failing can* test
          • Mark to add canChgrp, canChown
        4. performance improvements to come later, perhaps by,
          • caching more information with session
          • replacing Java checks with more database triggers
        5. roles devspace fails a couple of OmeroWeb integration tests
          • hoping for Will's help in understanding them once he's back
      5. Outreach
        • Jason: Josh in Janelia, will present next week
        • Simon/Kenny: Ansible meetup in Edinburgh.
        • J-M: keeping an eye on other meetings deadlines
    2. Other releases/upgrades:

      1. Worked on release app template
        1. weberror, webtest, gallery new version on pypi
          • J-M: Releasing web apps.
      2. Figure:
        1. Prep for release.
          • J-M: rois in figure will be loaded using API (omero-marshal) in next version
      3. iviewer
        1. web-dev-merge
        2. ongoing work on permissions
          • Mark: more testing on the go
      4. new website
        • Helen: Petr signed off on omero pages. PR will be merged this afternoon. Lisa will then work on graphics and development sections.
        • J-M/Helen: There are few cards for suggestions.
        • Helen is away next week
      5. Sysadmin (current board and recent PRs)
      6. Kenny: nightshade VM facilitating 5.3.0 tested successfully. During downtime we will sync data with GPFS.
    3. Glencoe Update (Chris)

      • Chris: Preparing PathViewer webinar, Work on BF and horizontal scaling.
    4. User meeting update

      • Jason: trying to get final list of titles of presentations. Publishing agenda next week.
      • analysis Jupyter/R-matlab. Notes
        • Balaji: trying to set up R-matlab with Jupyter, so far successful with installation but facing some issues with docker.
  3. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)

    • Monday morning coffee 10:30
Document Actions