Personal tools
  • We're Hiring!

You are here: Home Community Minutes Conference Calls 2017 2017-03-07 Tuesday Team Meeting

2017-03-07 Tuesday Team Meeting

Dundee: Will, Petr, Kenny, Mark, Dominik, Helen, June, Jason, Simone, Ola, Balaji, Remote: Jean-Marie, Eleanor, Wilma, Josh, Liza, David, Seb, Roger, Melissa, Andreas

Agenda - 2:00pm Start

  1. Accepting minutes from last meeting

  2. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)

    1. Spaces

      1. Files/Formats/OME Files (Sebastien)
        • Really close to re-submitting paper.
        • BF chat wrt OMERO/IDR.
        • BF 5.3.5 evolving to 5.4.0 (no breaking changes)
        • Meeting to discuss what’s in/out
        • oir format support
      2. Metadata (Josh)
        • Imports ongoing in new cloud
        • Hopefully done by tomorrow
        • then fix rendering settings & annotations
        • out by Wednesday deadline
        • Production on new “veggie” cloud as well. Ongoing adhoc migration
        • DNS switch / migration Went well
        • Eleanor: Update numbers/counts in paper to include new datasets
      3. OMERO 5.3.0
        • m9 Testing: report
          • Petr: SPW in Insight bugs just found
          • Balaji: Thumbnail caching & rendering setting issues in SPW layout (Insight & web)
          • e.g. Copy, Paste & Save of rdefs
          • Adding bugs to trello cards - done by end of today
        • Ola/Will looking at centre panel so we do not break dev relying on its previous implementations cf
          • Ola: ‘framework’ - list of plugins that can be used outside of webclient
          • New functionality to be added to plugins once stabilised
          • Will: need working examples (tests) of plugins running outside of webclient
        • Targeting thumbnails work (from IDR) for 5.3.0
        • doc ongoing
        • FYI: daily board review post standup
        • Release 5.2.8 at same time as 5.3.0
      4. Outreach
    2. Other releases/upgrades:

      1. Figure - ROIs from OMERO - few TODOs
      2. Iviewer - focus on permission testing, ROIs etc.
      3. Smuggler (Josh)
        • discussed with Andreas. Getting his changes into mainline.
        • Long running sessions, import queue etc. Web import!
      4. Sysadmin (current board and recent PRs)
        • Cloudflare (Josh)
          • card on new board - secvuln
          • 2FA and don’t reuse passwords
        • OpenStack space (Josh)
          • More space available - just ask
        • sysadmin-2017-03 (Kenny)
          • easier for team to see upcoming cards (instead of filtering)
          • Team to continue to add cards to main sysadmin board
          • nightshade: exploring options
        • lifesci mail server (Kenny)
          • Some issues / unreliable. May not be getting mail.
          • Move to using accounts
    3. Glencoe Update (Chris)

      • Readonly server is running.
      • Will be merged into mainline in due course
    4. User meeting update

      • Draft programme up on website with invited speakers
        • Douglas to speak about BD2K and AWS
      • registration open to externals
      • workshop programme still TBD - several external workshops
  3. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)

    • Welcome back Liza
    • Be careful of phishing e-mails etc
Document Actions