Personal tools
  • We're Hiring!

You are here: Home Community Minutes Conference Calls 2015 2015-03-03 Tuesday Team Meeting

2015-03-03 Tuesday Team Meeting

3rd March 2015

Dundee: Kenny, Roger, Petr, Will, Gus, Chris, Emil, June, Balaji, Jean-Marie, Helen, Simon, Jason Remote: Josh, Seb, Melissa, Stick, Colin, Kelli, Ian, Mark, Wilma, JB, S.Simard

Remember: Agenda must be complete (with estimated times) on the day before the meeting. Any additions after that must go at the bottom (AOCB)

Agenda - 2:30pm Start

  1. Accepting minutes from last meeting

  2. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)

    1. Core (incl. CI & QA)

      • Freeze Friday (e-mail) Few remaining features to get done
      • Units: DB fixed, last conversion bugs being fixed, C++ needs doing
      • Rendering: DB changed, but likely no major UI changes for 5.1.0 Adding LUT to channel-binding Jason: not as complete as we’d like, but don’t want to hold up 5.1
      • Repositories: download restriction & general configuration Coming from Ola’s VM work - going OK
      • libbioformats
        • OpenGL viewer merged, logging support merged, manpage generation merged
        • Working on docs, examples and bugfixes for 5.1
        • Splitting downloads for C++ off from main downloads page
        • Need to make a final decision on NAMING and make everything consistent
        • See:
          • List of supported platforms. Best → Worst
          • Roger - rename to reflect C++?
          • Sebastien - changes need to be in place by end of week.
      • Testing update - Petr: Trello card: “week 2”. Formats testing -
        - List of changed formats for testing - Planning some auto and some manual testing - QA testing with 5.1 5.0 clients - Balaji testing Fiji workflows - JM: Any other functionality needs testing? - JM: Discussion yesterday on samples. Will to update ome/samples.git
    2. Glencoe Update (Chris)

      • Disable stats calculation on import time (5.0 currently) to go into 5.1
      • Emil looking at rendering engine handling of mask ROIs.
      • Work out what is still working. Not sure if this is for 5.1
      • Will: masks not clickable (client side)? Chris: No, not at this stage.
      • Roger: only black and white masks? Chris: No, multi-colors/regions.
      • Ian: have tried viewing masks in Insight.
      • No API change - methods have been in RE for a while.
    3. Virtual Microscope/teaching (Ola)

      • Nothing new, Ola focusing on core work for 5.1
      • Focus on bringing custom changes back into main line
    4. FLIMfit/OPT (Ian)

      • Stalled on web public download issue
      • About to release another version
    5. Bio-Formats large file sets (Sebastien)

      • Focusing on sysadmin tasks
      • Data repo reorganisation on squig - large filesets etc.
      • Plan to test large filesets at some point
    6. Other consortium timelines (5 minutes)

      • Mark H - BF bug fixes. Now using 5.1 on updates site.
  3. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)

    • Paris announced
    • Jason, good trip. OHSU, Georgia etc.
    • Jason: Building closed on March 13th -> 15th/16th?
    • Room booked in Dalhousie building for the Friday - 8 Desks.
    • "Conflict" messages on PRs (Josh)
      • Messages now include which PR conflicts.
      • Need to close, fix or add “exclude”.
      • Chris: best to close and re-open. Can annotate accordingly.
Document Actions