Personal tools
  • We're Hiring!

You are here: Home Community Minutes Conference Calls 2015 2015-01-20 Tuesday Team Meeting

2015-01-20 Tuesday Team Meeting

Dundee: Simon, Emil, Chris, Colin, Dominik, JeanMarie, June, Petr, Will, Helen, Mark, Andrew, Gus, Kenny, Roger, Remote: Seb B, Josh, Melissa, Josh B, Ola, Kelli, Balaji, Ian, Wilma,

Remember: Agenda must be complete (with estimated times) on the day before the meeting. Any additions after that must go at the bottom (AOCB)

Agenda - 2:30pm Start

  1. Accepting minutes from last meeting

  2. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)

    1. Core (incl. CI & QA)

      • 3 weeks till we freeze for 5.1
        • Units - mostly in clean-up phase, still on track for all UI changes by end of Jan xlst discussion with Andrew this am - testing for tomorrow
        • Rendering - in an investigation phase, see Trello card for look up table Needs more discussion - Melissa. Minimal changes for lookup tables working in UI Last major DB change from Mark today
        • JM: Dicussion on Map Annotation today - want to add Name and Description
      • XML annotation mostly there - debugging
      • libbioformats - currently debugging OME-XML serialisation logic in libome-xml
      • Petr - working on testing scenarios for 5.0.7 (target release end of Jan) Question about memoizer - not for 5.0.7? Web Tagging and other small issues - not too much needed.
      • JM: All PRs should be rebased by end of Monday in time for final testing
        • And add to standup notes
    2. Glencoe Update (Chris)

      • Insight builds for 5.0.7 - 1 PR to come with small fixes.
    3. Virtual Microscope/teaching (Ola)

      • See ongoing conversation
        • Basically LATIN1 encoding is a blocker to progress with VM (it is unknown how we end up with bad configuration of PG). According to Mark investigation PG8.4 is seems to be still minimum requirements. Version upgrade could come later if server is stable. Regarding to OMERO deployment, case insensitive login is a NIGHTMARE and rest of the new features are very welcome by the students. Currently we are missing luxuries two weeks where we could shut down the server with 0 impact, this will be limited to particular days only. I am checking now with Paul exactly. Volunteers and help is very much appreciated.
      • Waiting to hear from Paul for an upgrade window. 21st proposed.
      • Josh: need to cc e-mails.
    4. FLIMfit/OPT (Ian)

      • OME gui tools - thanks to Josh for setting up Maven repo for this. Integration with FLIMfit looks good so far
        • Snipe build node - Roger/Sebastien have got Snipe back up. FLIMfit code base has been amended to run/build (locally) on Matlab 2014b. Issues remain before the FLIMfit mac builds are fixed (possibly Java version related)
        • Moving the Mac build to Matlab 2014b makes updating the PCWIN build node to match fairly urgent.
      • Seb has 2014b installed. Looking pretty good.
      • Download of plate data - current PR open for 5.0. Need to know if this is going ahead.
        • Chris - feel uncomfortable about this - very problematic for big screens etc.
    5. Bio-Formats large file sets (Sebastien) * Windows testing - maxquant-ome is setup CI-wise, can build Bio-Formats and run the automated tests. Current blocker is having squig mounted for the Jenkins user. This likely needs to happen at the LSC level unless devops people have some alternate ideas. * Memoizer - was suggested as a backporting candidate. Discussed at QA meeting. My major concern is that the memoizer work included some breaking PRs which cannot make it into 5.0.x. My proposal is to keep this 5.1.0 only. * Other - no feedback from Dallas re large OME-TIFF or ND2 * Memoizer PRs - probably best to keep these 5.1 only (not backport). * No feedback from large fileset usage - waiting on Windows testing with large filesets.

    6. Other consortium timelines (5 minutes)

      • OMERO.figure - aim to release a couple of weeks after 5.1
  3. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)

    • Moving sample files - revised due date of 23rd Jan, feasible? squig and /Specification sample files move to JM: Also need to organise them
    • Scheduling discussion about omero-imagej moving forward cc Curtis' email
    • Standup Notes - permissions changed this morning from 'anyone with link' to closed set of people.
    • Josh: Petr’s video on youtube. Need to decide title, keywords etc. Plan to announce tomorrow.
    • JM: Plan to start Tuesday meeting presentations again.
    • Helen: Ian & Douglas looking at BF docs
Document Actions