Personal tools
  • We're Hiring!

You are here: Home Community Minutes Conference Calls 2013 2013-08-27 Tuesday Team Meeting

2013-08-27 Tuesday Team Meeting

Dundee: Jean-Marie, Jason, Ola, Blazej, Roger, Helen, Mark, Petr, Gus, Will, Andrew, Simon Remote: Josh, Kenny, Wilma, Mark H, Sebastien, Liza, Melissa, 14:38 UK - Curtis, Douglas

Agenda - 2:30pm Start

  1. Accepting minutes from last meeting

    • accepted
  2. Summer testing updates

    • CI/Partner Projects (Sebastien)
      • Jobs moved around - several hidden bugs found (not fixed yet) - Roger - integration not run against Java 7 before now. Bugs probably minor
      • need to plan upgrades ahead of time (may break stuff)
      • lots of stuff can break at once - requires a lot of resources to fix
      • u-track hidden - wnd-charm in progress
      • Tracking & Flim-fit: latest tracking code run against latest develop & dev_4_4 looking good
      • Meeting in Edinburgh - Flim-fit etc 7/8th October.
    • OMERO.server (Blazej) - 14:38 UK
      • New integration testing PR OmeroJava bit more sane. Whitespace, imports, cleanup etc.
      • Job moved to new node C6100 - much faster 40mins -> 4mins
      • Database connection problem - ask JM.
      • Timeouts make tests brittle. Need configuration / flexibility / break tests up
      • Failing tests being tackled - mark
      • Jason: Kenny - discussed lifesci compute performance. Need more high performance boxes (from facebook!) - Might not plug into SAN for storage/backup. Might find workarounds?
    • OMERO.web (Will & Ola)
      • Will: adding multiselection and multi annotation tests.
      • Will: how long we need to wait to merge main testing branch.
      • J-M: we need to build more keywords and decide about setup. Scripts, config files, etc.
      • Ola is preparing keywords to access various users in the setup DB. E.g. user in read-only group etc.
      • Need to setup Petr’s machine - can also run on howe remotely.
      • Kenny is setting up laptop to run CI robot framework job.
    • OMERO.insight (Mark)
      • Opened PR of cleaned-up UI testing branch.
      • Moving to 4.4.9 bug-fixing for now
      • Will start training Petr to write tests
      • CLI tests via robotframework - test login etc
    • Docs & website (Helen) - 14:51 UK
      • Products info page nearly ready
      • Scripts landing page ready - but waiting on final decisions on script dirs structure
        • Jason: looks good.
      • Gus workflow for doc - User guides (Gus). Css, navigation etc being worked out. - Basic working site soon - can then tweak css etc. gdoc: UX-team / scoping / user guides.
      • Josh: Do we wait for 4.4.9 for scripts repo? - Helen - don’t ask users to change workflow when 4.4.9 is released. - JM - Extra “month” is OK to wait. - SAB can access scripts repo page - url is live (but not linked in site) - Planning to auto-commit Gus’s guides etc to github
    • Scenario writing (Petr)
      • FLIM-fit merged. Ian is preparing dataset for more ‘real’ scenario
      • gdoc for robotframework candidate scenarios
      • preparing DB setup for robotframework. Image with annotations / companion files etc etc
      • Need to discuss import strategy - numbers of images needed etc
      • Look at Tarantula a bit more (Blazej has prepared a VM)
    • Bio-Formats (Melissa) - 15:00 UK
      • Away few days - Fixing failing & unstable builds. Should be green soon
      • Few 4.4.9 tickets
      • Coming to Dundee next week - agenda on gdoc
      • Josh - No need for Tuesday meeting next week - need to revise meeting template (Summer is OVER)! - Testing to continue but lower priority
      • Test images good? Once all the builds are fixed. No need for better hardware right now
    • Workflows for tagging/UI scoping (Gus) - 15:05 UK
      • Create P/D workflow pretty firm - ready to code
      • Searching interface tricky.
  3. Glencoe Update - 15:09 UK

    • Hiring now, many strong applications
    • Tagging work nearing completion (in web)
    • Urls with text
    • Terabyte dataset into JCB - move to new hardware
    • CLI tagging PR - pretty much done. Next: linking of tags. Will allow large scale tagging
  4. Consortium Update - 15:15 UK

    • BF website discussion (see e-mail)
    • ImageJ connectivity in progress
    • Douglas - web prototype of tagging plugin.
      • C++ gateway - complex. Need advice, discussion etc. Meet with Roger… date TBC
  5. Upcoming meetings/conferences/outreach visits

    • Mozfest - OMERO repos online - JCB etc
  6. Any other business

    • regular end 15:23 UK
    • LOCI website discussion re: Bio-Formats (see agenda)
Document Actions