Personal tools
  • We're Hiring!

You are here: Home Community Minutes Conference Calls 2010 2010-11-04 Thursday Meeting

2010-11-04 Thursday Meeting

Attending: Brian, Chris, Andrew, Colin, Ola, Jean-Marie, Melissa, Carlos, Josh


Remember: Agenda must be complete (with estimated times) on the day before the meeting. Any additions after that must go at the bottom (AOCB)

  1. Accepting minutes from last meeting

  2. Matters Arising (<10 mins)

    • Put in outstanding action points from last Thursday or Tuesday meeting
    • Travel date: doodle points towards Nov.14/5-Nov17/8 with Colin missing early 15th and Andrew missing the 18th. Jason misses 16/17. OK?
    • Add ticket about speed testing plate delete
    • Everyone run './ build-cpp' on Mac OSX to see if it succeeds.
    • Brian: Update BF
    • Melissa make a trac dump
    • Brian comes up with a documentation update list (and general trac story)
    • Andrew contacts Brian Jones about changes (Accelrys, etc)
    • Josh splits out windows matlab test for gre-mporter
    • Everyone: answer the doodle pole
  3. Generating sprint # (45 mins) (Include this section every other week)

    • What New Tasks were added to old sprint
    • What Tasks are left in old sprint
    • Make new sprint
    • Estimates
    • Close old sprint and move other tasks into new sprint
  4. Email and Forum Review - checked at (5 mins)

    • Email -

      • Shawn P Garbett [ome-users] Protocols / Experiments / 96-Well Plate
      • CarnĂ« Draug [ome-users] OMERO.insight in debian (problems in connection net.ipv6.bindv6only) (bug??)
    • Forums -

    • QA -

      ID  Status  User/email  Type    Created Selected file   Comment Error
      2982    new erdem.karate... Insight 4.2.0   2010 11 01  -   I changed the location of the ...   java.lang.Exception: Abno...
      2962    new todd.stokes@... Web 4.2.0-r757  2010 10 22  -   switching to another data owne...   Traceback (most recent ca...
      2954    new jason@lifesc... Web 4.2.0-r757  2010 10 20  -   looking at shared data-- in a ...   Traceback (most recent ca...
      2953    new HMS-support@... Web 4.2.0-r757  2010 10 20  -   Using OMERO.web to access a da...   Traceback (most recent ca...
      2899    new clzbrown@dun... Web 4.2.0-r757  2010 10 12  -   -   Traceback (most recent ca...
      2893    new n.r.stanleyw... Web 4.2.0-r757  2010 10 12  -   seemed to be a problm.....  Traceback (most recent ca...
  5. Any other business (<5 mins)


  1. Accepting Minutes

    • Accepted!
  2. Matters Arising

    • Travel Dates: Arriving on the 14th (Sunday), leaving on the 18th (Thursday)?
    • Plate Delete ticket. #3066. Josh and Chris looking into performance issues
    • ./build CPP on mac is broken
      • Josh: This seems to be fixed if you use our bundled ice files. Will put in "Known Issues"
    • Still need more testers
    • Josh is looking into it
    • BF Updates: Done
    • Documentation ticket & list: Done
    • BF Trac dump: Pending (Melissa not available today)
  3. Reviewing Sprint

    • Blockers
      • Delete performance of plates (#3066)
        • 25 minutes to delete on nightshade
        • Chris: Testing on other systems OK (4-6 mins on Gretzky)
          • Could be DB version (8.2), or something else.
          • Would be nice to test futher but shouldn't stop release
        • Jean-Marie: Should put a note for it on the troubleshooting page
        • Josh: Still much better then before and not crippling system
      • Web
        • No blockers. Windows working!!
        • Various smaller issues, but not critical (see "known issues")
        • Ola will try to fix ajax
      • Insight
        • BLOCKER: concurrency issue has reappeared.
        • change the whole right panel layout has to change
        • Needs to test ROI/Measurement stability
      • Bio-Formats
        • All good here
      • Importer
        • Still all good
        • Need to update tests with Export/Re-import
      • DropBox
        • Done right now
      • Documentation
        • Next Monday/Tuesday do documeations. Web is largest change
        • Schoola has a known limitations page already
          • Josh: We should pick an official spot for this
            • Chris: Makes a Limitations/Known Issue page on the main site
        • Brian will update screenshots in client documentation + movie suggestions
    • Trac Review
      • General rule: before release, OK to move non-critical tickets to unscheduled if also added to "Known Limitations"
      • Leaving #3199 alone for now (add to known limitations)
      • A few Documentation and tests left to run
    • Release Candidate
      • Waiting for changes for Insight, should be ready for Friday (5th)
      • Hopefully final release for end of next week!
  4. Emails/Forums/QA

    • Emails
      • Shawn G: Need more info. Josh will 'volunteer'
      • CarnĂ« D: Chris has seen this issue before. No reason not to use ipv4 here.
        • Chris will look at the email and address
        • Josh: here we've heard of it before:
    • Forum
      • OMERO.table: Josh talked to him via Skype. He will post an example (if not will close)
      • Web-Admin Logins: Ola will talk to them
    • QA:
      • Web:
        • Feedbacks are closed
      • Insight
        • Jean-Marie will check on insight issue
  5. Other Business

    • Next release: 4.2.2? 5.0? 4.3?
      • Josh: Virtual machines might be 4.2.2? But we can decide later (and change trac names then)
      • Josh: Should this release actually be 4.3? (due to breaking changes)
    • Big Images are next!
      • Jean-Marie: Need to look at feature set (zooming? channels? etc). This will decide timetable

Action Items

* Add mention of performance issue to troubleshooting
* Organize the troubleshooting page (PG 8.2 etc.)
* Everyone test new password change page in Web (new scenario incl. ldap!)
* Chris: add #3199 to Known Limitations
* Everyone: Its now OK to move any non-critical tickets to unscheduled as long is they are also added to "Known Limitations"
* Everyone: test insight new panel layout
* Andrew: Move troubleshooting page and create new Known Issues/Limitations page
* Brian: New screenshots for client documation/list movies that need doing!
* New scenario: export and re-import
    * Brian: Update BF, do import/export testing
* Josh: Contact Shawn G. (email re: protocols/plates)
* Chris: Make a comment about ipv6 on the FAQ
* Josh: writes to angie to arrange travel
* Josh: Update "Known Issues" with using our ice bundle for Mac CPP
Document Actions